Cash Train Loans is a known provider of same day loans in Australia. They are known for offering loans no higher than $2000 which can be repaid within a term of 10 weeks- 3 months. Their loan originator is Online Loans Pty Ltd, which is one of the country’s leading cash loan providers, whose products and services are under ASIC regulation. As a lender, Cash Train focuses its services to borrowers looking to take out a loan to cover emergency expenses.
Cash Train Loans cost
In compliance with ASIC regulations, Cash Train offers loans at maximum charges that the law allows. This means that their loans carry a 4% monthly fee and a 20% establishment fee. These charges are then applied over the maximum term allowed for payday loans which is 3months.
This means that if you take out a $1000 loan to be paid off within a 10-week/3-month period, the total charges could add up to $320. This means that APR for weekly payments is at 110. 38%, fortnightly payments at 101.77% and monthly payments at 70.65%. It doesn’t matter whether you chose a loan term of 3 months or 10 weeks, the charges will remain the same.
Should you end up missing a payment, you will be subjected to a $25 fee for every payment due date missed.
Key features of Cash Train loans
Below are some of the most prominent features of Cash Train loans:
- Borrowers can take advantage of loans ranging from $200 to $2000. However, first-time borrowers are subjected to a cap of $800.
- Loans terms can vary between 3 months and 10 weeks. It all boils down to the preference of the borrower. This will not have any bearing on the overall loan costs.
- Borrowers have the option to pay weekly or fortnightly. They may also go for the monthly setup, wherein the repayments are done every month for the next three months.
- Limitations are placed on loans approved for first-time borrowers at $800. Returning borrowers, however, can apply for a maximum of $2000.
- Once a loan is approved, the funds will be deposited straight to the borrower’s bank account.
Borrowers have the options to pay the loan in 3 monthly, 5 fortnightly, as well as 10 weekly repayments. Regardless of the frequency, you choose for the loan repayments, it will not have any impact on the overall charges.
Advantages and disadvantages of Cash Train loans
Among the upsides of Cash Train loans are:
- Compared to payday loans, borrowers will get to enjoy smaller repayment instalments.
- The cost structure is easier to understand.
- Our current financial state will matter more than your past credit history.
Meanwhile, below are some of the downsides of Cash Train loans:
- They do not offer automatic approval for loan renewal even if you’re already a repeat borrower.
Frequently asked questions
Will I get accepted for a Cash Train loan despite getting paid in cash?
No. One of Cash Train’s requirements for a borrower to qualify for an urgent cash loan is for them to be receiving their income straight to their bank account.
Is it cheaper to go for a 10-week term than a 3-month period?
No. The loan charges are going to remain the same whichever of the repayment terms you will decide to go for.
Are there limitations to how much a customer can borrow when taking out a Cash Train loan?
First-time borrowers will only be allowed to borrow up to $800. The figure increases though if you become a repeat customer.
Is Cash Train a payday lender?
No. Payday loans tend to have more expensive loan fees and shorter repayment terms.
Cash Train loan eligibility criteria
To qualify for a Cash Train loan, applicants must meet certain criteria. A loan applicant must:
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be employed in Australia, either part-time or full-time
- Be regularly earning more than $1200, which gets deposited into his bank account.
- Have more than half of what he is earning must not come from Centrelink or other government benefits
- Be an Australian resident
- Be earning enough to afford the loan repayments
There are a number of ways that interested borrowers can get in touch with Cash Train. They can get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 08 9420 1480. They can also connect with them via mail at 4/25 Prowse Street, West Perth, WA 6005.
If you are a Cash Train customer, they also have an online facility where you can chat with one of their representatives. This ensures a much faster response, but the option is only available during regular working hours. For inquiries concerning repayments, customers can email them at email@example.com or call them at 1800 891 981.
Cash Train loan application process
Cash Train loan applications can be done online. To apply, just follow these steps:
Step 1- Choose the right loan
Decide on the loan you wish to apply for and access the application form at cashtrain.com.au. On the homepage, you can select how much you want to borrow, the loan term, the frequency of the loan as well as the rest of the repayment details.
Once done, click on the Apply Now button to start filling out the application form.
Step 2- Fill out and then submit the application form
When filling out the application form, you will be asked to provide basic details including your personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, address as well as your date of birth. You will also need to fill out the purpose of the loan and provide details of your employment history such as your net pay, when your next payday is, as well as how much you are receiving in benefits.
In addition, you will also be required to submit your bank statements for at least the last three months.
Step 3- Approval and funds transfer
After your form is submitted online along with your electronic signature, Cash Train will assess the loan based on their affordability and eligibility criteria. They will then decide whether to approve or reject it. In some cases, some applicants might get a loan offer within just minutes of submitting the form.
Once approved, the loan amount will then get released straight to your bank account. Often, this is done within one business day. There are cases, however, when it may take longer for the funds to get transferred as this is highly dependent on a bank’s processing time.